About Me

My photo
Christie Features :) I'm 17, and a complete Jesus freak. I used to love all music, now I only want worship. God's presence is amazing. In fact, it's the best thing on earth. You'll find a lot of my blogs will be related to my faith, probably all of them in fact. Hope you enjoy my blog :)

Wednesday 7 July 2010

Update. 6 months later.

This is probably going to be a bit short, but hey! Short and snappy is best :)
It's also probably going to be a bit outward, as it's quite personal x]
On the 20th January 2010, everyone at Ignite wrote down on paper where they were with God, what needs to change, what they want to do e.t.c.. and put it in a brown paper envelope.
Well, today, 7th July 2010, we got our envelopes back! :)
And it was very interesting for many of us to see how we've developed in our relationship with God from then to now, many of us can't remember feeling like that in the first place! Which is pretty awesome (especially for me, as mine wasn't particularly good)
The first question was about how we are with God,
I put something along the lines of
"Not good. It needs a lot of work, I'm quite far"
Contrast to how I'm feeling now, I'm awesome with God!
The second question about where we want to be with God,
I put something along the lines of
"I want to be close to God"
And weheey! I am :D things are awesome, and actually when you look back through it, you don't actually realise just how much you have progressed with the Lord.
The third question was about what must change in order for us to get to (question 2),
I put something like
"I need to stop doing things which God doesn't approve of. Stay away from bad influences and don't listen to bad music"
And I've done that :)
I realised that actually, following God and his word is the best thing to do! His way is the best and the only.
He's revealing a lot to me, ways in which he speaks and why listening is very important.
He's guiding me a lot with listening, like for example now, I'm listening to him as I type, and it feels great! As I know what I'm typing is what he wants.

I'm not perfect and I must be like a child, always ready to learn, as there IS much to learn! So when he says to do something, I must do it. And actually, when you do do what God says, it's actually way better, and you feel a great sense of obediance to God's will :)

1 comment:

  1. That's a good read, Christie. Look forward to seeing more.

    ===KEN

    ReplyDelete